A lot of times in entertainment is about selling drinks (that’s why a bar has a show. that’s why the nba has halftime shows). For a seated show like Scot Nery’s Boobietrap, this can be challenging. Here are some ideas to consider.
People don’t drink as much during the week. People don’t drink much at a seated show.
So you can raise prices on drinks, force people to buy drinks(like a comedy club), sell something else, change the environment, or promote to drinkers
- Encourage everyone to Uber to the show
- Make special must try cocktails
- Add an intermission
- Presell drinks with tickets like a Hertz presells gasoline – it’s cheaper to buy drink tickets in advance
- Make the bar more fun
- Get a cocktail waiter
- Do something pre show
- Sell double sized drinks so people can sit thru the show
- Sell mocktails that you can’t get anywhere else
- Tell ticket buyers the drinks are great after they buy a ticket. Get them excited to drink but also ensure they don’t go to another spot before the show to pregame